Week 4: #8 RSS Feeds

The resources, RSS in Plain English and Feed Me: A gentle introduction to Internet feeds were very helpful in understanding this new concept of RSS. However, I became a person with two left hands when I tried to accomplish the task. Seems as though most of the websites I read on a regular basis do not, at this point , allow RSS feeds. It took a few minutes to understand that I needed to find new websites to link for feeds.

I could see the library external website allowing customers to recieve titles of new books, videos and CDs through RSS. In addition, programming and changes in library schedules could also be an RSS.

1 comment:

Dances With Keyboards said...

You've made a great start. I made the same discovery about RSS feeds - some of the websites that I love just don't use RSS, and so I still have to visit them the traditional way.

When you reach "Things 13, 14, & 15," you'll learn about social networking and how to save your bookmarks "2.0-style" on the web using Del.icio.us and Technorati.

Email me if you have any questions, or call, or you can schedule some time with me in the training lab here in Abingdon, if your branch's schedule will allow.

Annette